The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, Feb. 2. The event was sponsored by the Young Lawyers Division, whose members answered calls along with other MBA volunteers. Twenty attorneys volunteered to answer questions on a night when Dial-A-Lawyer received 177 calls.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology in May 2020, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the Feb. 2 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Ryan P. Avery, Mirageas & Avery, Milford
- Madison Bader, Attorney at Law, Foxboro
- Nicole Belbin, Attorney at Law, Springfield
- Jordan R. Belliveau, Tetzel Law LLC, Boston (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Erica Bruno, The Law Offices of Joseph D. Bernard, Springfield
- Michelle Byers, Campbell, Conroy & O’Neil PC, Boston (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Taylor Callahan, NEPC LLC, Boston (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Katherine Connolly, Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker LLP, Boston (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Richard Fagone, Richard S. Fagone & Associates, Stoughton
- Daniel Gindes, Law Office of Daniel Gindes, Salem
- Meagan R. King, Richardson Law, Cataumet (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Paul Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- Shylah N. Maloney, Foster & Eldridge, Woburn
- Matthew Manuszak, Coughlin Betke LLP, Boston
- Corey Mastin, Morrison Mahoney LLP, Boston
- Frank R. Mule, Samuel Sayward & Bales LLC, Dedham (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Eric W. Thuotte, Lubin & Meyer PC, Boston (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Parker Williams, Melick Porter LLP, Boston
- Jonathan Wynne, Attorney at Law, Wellesley (Young Lawyers Division member)
- Christopher Yagoobian, Peabody & Arnold LLP, Boston
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please email email@example.com. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.