Massachusetts Bar Association members offered free legal advice
to 113 Massachusetts residents through Ask A Lawyer on Sept.
Ask A Lawyer is a call-in program presented jointly by the MBA
and WBZ Call For Action, which, like the MBA's own monthly
Dial-A-Lawyer program, provides a unique opportunity for
Massachusetts residents to speak to a qualified lawyer anonymously
at no charge.
Seven volunteer lawyers took phone calls on the Ask A Lawyer
hotline from 7-9 p.m., answering questions on a range topics, with
the highest number of calls involving real estate, family and
probate law. Most of the calls came in from low- to moderate-income
residents of Suffolk and Middlesex Counties. Staff from the MBA and
WBZ Call For Action also helped facilitate calls.
Thank you to the following MBA members who volunteered and
answered calls during the Ask A Lawyer event:
- Thomas J. Barbar, Deutsch, Williams, Brooks, DeRensis &
Holland PC, Boston
- Kwadwo Frimpong, Fidelity Investments, Boston
- Daniel Occena, Occena Law, Revere
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- J. Daniel Silverman, J. Daniel Silverman, Attorney at Law,
- Richard A. Sugarman, Boston Medical Center, Boston
- Paul F. Zerola, Zerola & Associates PC, Weston