The Business Law Section is seeking members to join the newly formed Energy Law Practice Group. Attorneys at all levels of practice and experience are encouraged to sign up.
The Energy Law practice group will bring together attorneys from across the energy law spectrum, from sole practitioners and private firms of all sizes to in-house counsel from organizations involved in the energy industry, including public utilities and developers, and non-profit organizations. Government attorneys, including attorneys at the Massachusetts Office of Attorney General, Department of Public Utilities and Department of Environmental Protection, are also encouraged to join.
Like the other MBA sections and practice groups, the Energy Law Practice Group will:
- Provide a forum for attorneys to improve professional competence and exchange thoughts and ideas in the area of energy law
- Conduct and participate in educational programs
- Engage in and promote interdisciplinary efforts with other sections
- Monitor and review legislation
- Propose legislative positions to the Business Law Section
- Participate in the development of legal publications, articles and special projects
Since energy law may involve a combination of regulatory practice, real estate law, environmental law and corporate law, the Energy Law Practice Group will function as an interdisciplinary group, which will frequently interact with other sections and practice groups of the Massachusetts Bar Association.