Volunteer attorneys from the MBA fielded 173 phone calls on Oct.
22 at the MBA's semiannual Western Massachusetts Dial-A-Lawyer
call-in program, hosted at Western New England University School of
Residents of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire counties
had the opportunity to have their legal questions answered by local
attorneys who volunteered their time during Pro Bono Week, which
was celebrated from Oct. 19-25 this year. The legal advice was
provided at no charge as a public service of the MBA.
The calls featured legal questions on a wide range of topic areas,
including employment law, consumer law, tax law, real estate law,
elder law and family law.
Launched in 1994, the MBA's Western Massachusetts Dial-A-Lawyer
program is in its 20th year. The program is co-sponsored by Western
New England University School of Law, The Republican,
El Pueblo Latino, the Massachusetts Association of
Hispanic Attorneys and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
"This program really provides a service to people who otherwise
wouldn't have access to an attorney," said attorney Kimberly
Klimczuk, who has been a Dial-A-Lawyer volunteer for several
"A lot of people can't afford legal bills, and they have real-life
issues," added attorney James Winston.
The MBA thanks the following members for donating their time and
expertise to this important public service effort:
- Jeffrey A. Burstein, Burstein Law Offices, Springfield
- Corey M. Carvalho, University of Massachusetts Legal Services,
- Leslie A. Curley, Berkshire Mediation Group, Pittsfield
- Michele Feinstein, Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin PC,
- Stephanie Fitzgerald, Fitzgerald Attorneys at Law PC, East
- Lisa L. Halbert, Bacon Wilson PC, Northampton
- Kimberly Klimczuk, Skoler Abbott & Presser PC,
- Stephen R. Manning, Stephen R. Manning PC, East Longmeadow
- Amy J. Megliola, Siddall & Siddall PC, Springfield
- Timothy F. Murphy, Skoler Abbott & Presser, PC,
- Thomas O'Connor, Thomas D. O'Connor, Jr., Attorney at Law,
- David W. Ostrander, Ostrander Law Office, Northampton
- Stephen J. Phillips, Dunn & Phillips PC, Springfield
- Katherine A. Robertson, Hampden County District Attorney's
- Daniel M. Rothschild, Bulkley, Richardson & Gelinas LLP,
- Barry M. Ryan, Doherty, Wallace, Pillsbury & Murphy PC,
- Michael Siddall, Siddall & Siddall PC, Springfield
- James B. Winston, Winston Law Offices, Northampton