David-Ross Williamson has been working as a professional agent since 1996, when Major League Soccer (MLS) began in the United States. Join us for an informative program on the particulars of being a sports agent on Wednesday, Nov. 8, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the MBA in Boston. Topics will include:
- How one gets into the sports management business
- The advantages lawyers have in distinguishing themselves from other agents
- Ethical pitfalls of the business
- Information on other opportunities lawyers and JDs may have to work in the sports industry
- Importance of developing a niche
- Contract negotiations
- Draft preparation
- Post-career counseling
- Financial/legal/tax planning
This interactive discussion is an essential step in entering the practice of law and the field of sports management.
Click here to register.