On Thursday, Jan. 31, participants in the Boston Tiered Community Mentoring Program met at the Dorchester Division of the Boston Municipal Court for a tour of the courthouse and to observe hearings in several different sessions throughout the day.
Together with their attorney mentors, students from Community Academy of Science & Health, Boston Adult Technical Academy, Roxbury Community College, Suffolk University Law School and New England Law | Boston observed arraignment, pre-trial and motion hearings, as well as a defense presentation of an ongoing trial. After observing these daily court processes and completing a tour of the various departments, the participants met with several department heads, attorneys and judges.
We would like to extend a thank you to the following individuals for their time and efforts on this day:
- Chief Court Officer Frank Barbour
- Presiding Judge James Coffey
- Director of Community Service Michael Collins
- Juvenile Probation Officer Andrea Concannon
- Hon. Serge Georges
- Hon. Lisa Grant
- Supervising ADA Lauren Greene
- Hon. Thomas Kaplanes
- Assistant Chief Probation Officer Ericka Monteiro
- Chief Clerk Magistrate Anthony Owens
- Hon. Jonathan Tynes
- Assistant Clerk Magistrate Asha White
If you are looking for additional information regarding the Boston and Worcester Tiered Community Mentoring Program, please contact Elizabeth O’Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (617) 338-0560.