The Massachusetts Bar Association has chosen 21 attorneys as
Academy Fellows for the inaugural class of the MBA's Leadership
Academy, a program for attorneys with three-10 years of experience
that is designed to recruit and nurture future bar and civic
leaders. (The Leadership Academy also includes the 2016 recipient
of the MBA's Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. Scholarship.) The 2016-17
Academy Fellows, who were selected after a competitive application
process, represent a diverse group of talented young attorneys from
across the commonwealth.
The MBA's Leadership Academy is a 12-month program that runs
concurrently with the MBA membership year, starting in September.
The 2016-17 Academy Fellows will be provided the opportunity to
network, collaborate and build relationships with bar leaders;
develop and enhance leadership skills important to their future in
the legal profession; and get an insider's look at the important
role the MBA plays within the legal system.
"We seek to develop intelligent leaders with integrity, who can
navigate the complexities of our world by building coalitions and
forging hybrid solutions, and who can inspire and motivate others,"
said MBA President Jeffrey N. Catalano, who co-chairs the
Leadership Academy, along with MBA Treasurer Christopher A. Kenney.
"Our lofty goal is to make Massachusetts the state where corps of
great future leaders are created."
Here are the 2016-17 MBA Leadership Academy Fellows:
- Jesse Adams, Law Office of Jesse Adams (Leeds)
- Adrian Angus, Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Saraa Basaria, Gordon & Rees LLP (Boston)
- Ida R. Candreva, Law Office of R. Carabetta (Revere)
- Melissa Conner, Conner Law Offices (Charlestown)
- Emmanuel Dockter, Baum & Dockter (Quincy)
- Talia Gee, Sullivan, Hayes & Quinn (Springfield)
- Katherine Guarino, Locke Lord, LLP
- Sara Horatius, Roxbury Community College (Boston)
- Jane A. Horne, Peabody & Arnold LLP (Boston)
- Sakib Khan, Kenney & Sams PC (Southborough)
- Brigid Mitchell, Law Office of Denise Squillante (Fall
- Marc Moccia, Kazarosian Costello LLP (Haverhill)
- Michael Molloy, Marcotte Law Firm (Lowell)
- Michael Rossi, Conn Kavanaugh Rosenthal Peisch Ford LLP
- Victoria Santoro, Meehan, Boyle, Black & Bogdanow
- Lauren N. Schaal, Scholarship Winner, 2016 Oliver Wendell
Holmes Jr. Scholarship (Brighton)
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal (Boston)
- Courtney Shea, Peabody & Arnold LLP (Boston)
- Meghan Slack, Law Office of Meghan Slack (Cambridge)
- Damian Turco, Turco Legal PC (Newburyport)