Photo Credit: Mike Vigneux
MBA members provided free legal advice at the Western Mass. Dial-A-Lawyer program on May 25.
Volunteer attorneys from the MBA participated in the MBA's
semiannual Western Massachusetts Dial-A-Lawyer call-in program on
May 25, hosted at Western New England University School of Law.
Residents of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire counties
had the opportunity to have their legal questions answered by local
attorneys who volunteered their time. The legal advice was provided
at no charge as a public service of the MBA.
The calls featured legal questions on a wide-range of topic
areas, including family law, employment law, consumer law, tax law,
real estate law and elder law.
"From an access to justice perspective it's difficult for people
to know what's out there in terms of services," said attorney
Gillian Szlachetka Dubay, who has been a Dial-A-Lawyer volunteer
for several years. "Callers are often overwhelmed by their lives
and sometimes don't have the ability to think outside the box. In
many family law situations their lives are literally falling apart
and they don't know where to go."
Created in 1994, the MBA's Western Massachusetts Dial-A-Lawyer
program is in its 22nd year. The program is co-sponsored by Western
New England University School of Law, The Republican,
El Pueblo Latino, the Massachusetts Association of
Hispanic Attorneys and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
The MBA thanks the following members for donating their time and
expertise to this important public service effort:
- Michelle Bugbee, Eastman Chemical Company, Springfield
- Mark D. Cress, Bulkley, Richardson & Gelinas LLP,
- Michele J. Feinstein, Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin PC,
- David M. Hirschhorn, David Meir Hirschhorn, Attorney at Law,
- Lan Kantany, Connor, Morneau & Olin, LLP, Springfield
- Kimberly Klimczuk, Skoler Abbott & Presser PC,
- Carol C. Klyman, Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin PC,
- Kevin V. Maltby, Bacon Wilson, Springfield
- Stephen R. Manning, Stephen R. Manning, PC, East
- Erin J. Meehan, Doherty, Wallace, Pillsbury & Murphy PC,
- Amy J. Megliola, Siddall & Siddall, P.C., Springfield
- Jeffrey S. Morneau, Connor, Morneau & Olin, LLP,
- Sanjiv Reejhsinghani, Law Office of Sanjiv Reejhsinghani,
- Michael Siddal, Siddall & Siddall, P.C., Springfield
- Gillian Szlachetka Dubay, Szlachetka Dubay PC, Chicopee
- Christina M. Turgeon, Law Office of Christina M. Turgeon,
- Daniel M. Rothschild, Bulkley Richardson, Springfield