My Bar Access
What is My Bar Access?
My Bar Access is a virtual community that gives Massachusetts Bar Association members an opportunity to share information with each other. Nearly 10,000 MBA members already participate. Is it a listserv? We would call it a listserv-plus. My Bar Access includes all of the functions you normally see in listservs — plus other features that make it even more useful for MBA members.
How Does It Work?
Questions about a new rule? Need a referral? Looking for a sample motion? Interested in learning more about your fellow members? Participate in ongoing member group discussions, which are private and can only be viewed by MBA members who log in to the MBA's online community.
My Bar Access allows a user to send targeted information (messages, discussions, links, blogs) to:
- One user
- Multiple users
- One section
- Multiple sections
- All users
It is easy to use:
- The online platform hosts all section info. Visit www.massbar.org/access to get started today.
- You can even view/post My Bar Access discussions without ever going to the site, right from your email.
- You can post/respond from you email like other traditional listservs.
- There is a My Bar Access app. Download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play by searching for MassBar: My Bar Access, and instantly connect with fellow members on the go. Share practice information, documents and tips right from your phone or tablet. Make sure to set up alerts and receive notifications. Click on the section/division name from the community list in the app and then on the settings wheel to set your alert preferences.
In addition to its listserv-like attributes, on My Bar Access you can:
- Post/share blogs
- House/distribute publications (i.e., ComCom Quarterly)
Download the App
To download the MassBar: My Bar Access Mobile App:
Visit your device's application store and search for the app named MassBar: My Bar Access. Save time — use your mobile device to scan the applicable QR code.
- Once downloaded, launch the application.
- Log in using your regular MassBar: My Bar Access username (your email address) and password. You will remain logged in to the app unless you specifically log out.
Get started today.