MBA's Practicing with Professionalism Resource Center
Congratulations Counselor! You are now a member of a noble and
exclusive group of professionals who are privileged to call
themselves Massachusetts attorneys. This privilege comes with the
responsibility of upholding your oath to "conduct [yourself] in the
office of an attorney within the courts according to the best of
[your] knowledge and discretion, and with all good fidelity."
Your first step in complying with your solemn oath is to attend
and complete a one-day Practicing with Professionalism Course
within 18 months of being admitted to the bar. As the only Supreme
Judicial Court-approved provider to offer this course statewide,
the Massachusetts Bar Association is committed to helping you enter
the profession on the right track by offering an affordable and
convenient means of satisfying this requirement.
The $35 course registration fee includes:
- All meals. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and a
cocktail reception, giving you an opportunity to network with
seasoned practitioners and judges as you learn about opportunities
within the legal services community.
- Stress-free. All necessary record-keeping and
attendance reports to the Board of Bar Overseers will be handled by
the Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Free membership. Full membership to the Massachusetts Bar Association
entitles you to the following resources and benefits:
- Free CLE programs
- Free networking events
- Free access to the My Bar Access, the only online community
exclusive to MBA members
- Free unlimited access to Casemaker, the leader in online legal
In partnership with the University of Massachusetts, the MBA
will offer the course across the commonwealth on the following
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014: UMass, Boston
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014: UMass,
- Thursday, March 20, 2014: UMass,
- Thursday, May 22, 2014: UMass,
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014: UMass,
- Monday, Oct. 27, 2014: UMass, Amherst
The MBA thanks its affiliated county bars for their
collaboration with the Practicing with Professionalism Course.