Last year, more than 100 new lawyers, old pros and law students spent Thursday afternoon of the annual conference getting pointers on law practice management issues, learning success tips and developing strategies to boost their career prospects. Reserve your space now for this year's "Managing Your Practice & Career" sessions on Thursday, March 3 from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at the Marriott Copley Place Hotel, Boston.
Presented by the Law Practice Management Section, the program is designed to allow participants to mix and match between 10 different half-hour topics to make the most of their time. Expert speakers will be on hand to discuss launching a practice, managing your caseload, caring for clients, steering your career and much more. Plus the final hour of the afternoon features the MBA's popular mentoring roundtable sessions, where attendees can get one-on-one input and do some valuable networking.
Topics for the afternoon are:
• What You Need to Know to Run a Smart Law Practice (speaker: Marc L. Breakstone, Esq., Breakstone White-Lief & Gluck, LLP, Boston);
• Managing Your Case Load & Keeping Your Clients Happy (speaker: B.J. Krintzman, Esq., Law Offices of B.J. Krintzman, Newton);
• Avoidance of Fundamental Traps in Employee Management (speaker: Todd J. Bennett, Esq., Corrigan, Bennett & Belfort, PC, Cambridge);
• Tech Trends for Office Efficiency (speaker: Neil E. Aresty, Esq., LextraNet, Boston);
• Non-Traditional Marketing to Expand Your Client Base (speaker: Robert Randolph, Business Development Consultant, Chicago);
• Essentials of Proper Client Fund Management (speaker: Constance V. Vecchione, First Assistant Bar Counsel, Board of Bar Overseers, Boston);
• Career Strategies and Internship Possibilities (speaker: Randi Friedman, Esq., Director of Career Services, Northeastern University Law School);
• Networking Strategies for the Successful Attorney (speaker: Jeffrey N. Catalano, Esq., Todd & Weld, LLP, Boston);
• Coping with the Stress (speaker: Barbara Bowe, LICSW, Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Boston); and
• 20 Things to Know to Jumpstart Your Law Practice (speaker: Marc L. Breakstone, Esq., Breakstone White-Lief & Gluck, LLP, Boston).
In addition to these programs, Thursday at Annual Conference 2005 offers a new series of Tech Talks, in which guest speakers will discuss how busy lawyers can solve some of the challenges of today's fast-paced business environment. These brief sessions can be a great way to solve problems facing all practitioners today, gather some fresh ideas and make contacts to bring solutions back to your office.
And don't forget to explore the Exhibit Hall, where providers of legal products and services will discuss and demonstrate new tools, services and technologies that can enhance your law practice.
Then, after an afternoon of learning, spend the evening having fun and networking at the Opening-Night Reception. MBA President Kathleen M. O'Donnell and Massachusetts Bar Foundation President Anthony K. Stankiewicz invite all conference attendees to get an early look at this year's exhibitors while meeting members of the MBA House of Delegates and MBA Section Councils and foundation fellows. And, for the first time, this year's reception also features live music and a humorous presentation on notable Massachusetts legal luminaries.