The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, March 1, sponsored by the Family Law Section Council. Eighteen attorneys, including six Family Law members, volunteered to answer questions on a night when Dial-A-Lawyer received 133 calls.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology in May 2020, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the March 1 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Madison F. Bader, Lawson & Weitzen LLP, Boston
- Trevor J. Brown, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP Boston
- Johanna Gibson, McGarth & Kane, Boston (Family Law Section Council member)
- Atilla Habip, Ripples Legal Services LLP, Newton
- Alana B. Holly, Tomasino Legal Group, Wellesley (Family Law Section Council member)
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- Hon. Robert W. Langlois (ret.), Saponaro Law Offices, Wellesley (Family Law Section Council member)
- Shylah N. Maloney, Barton Gilman LLP, Boston
- Peter D. McDermott, Law Office of Peter D. McDermott, Hopkinton
- Marc A. Moccia, Kazarosian Costello LLP, Haverhill (Family Law Section Council member)
- Kathleen A. O’Malley, Raipher PC, Wilbraham (Family Law Section Council member)
- Cynthia T. Runge, Peridot Family Law, Boston (Family Law Section Council member)
- John A. Sadek, Committee for Public Counsel Services-Public Defender Division, Worcester
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Jordan L. Shapiro, Shapiro & Hender, Malden
- Andrew J. Weissenberg, O'Connell and Aronowitz, New York
- Parker L. Williams, Melick Porter LLP, Boston
- Christopher J. Yagooobian, Adler Pollock & Sheehan PC, Providence, Rhode Island
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please email email@example.com. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.