The Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA) is seeking a Section Liaison to serve the MBA's 20 substantive law sections, their committees and their practice groups. The sections are a key component of the MBA's member engagement and community-building strategy. This position coordinates section programming by providing administrative and logistical support for annual section events and governance meetings. As the central point of contact for sections, the liaison facilitates communication with MBA volunteer leadership and staff.
- Supports and facilitates section programs, activities and events.
- Communicates with MBA leadership and senior staff regarding ongoing section programs and activities.
- Ensures section adherence to MBA policies, positions and procedures.
- Develops section and practice group activities that promote member engagement.
- Schedules section council and practice group meetings, related notifications and follow-up.
- Manages and coordinates special section projects, including the preparation of assigned reports.
- Manages technology platforms for virtual meetings and events.
- Attends section council meetings both in-person and virtually.
- Serves as a resource to section leaders.
- Oversees the section web pages.
- Monitors electronic communities for assigned sections.
- Administers the Access to Justice Awards Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required (law-related field not required but is a plus); must possess organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under and meet tight deadlines. Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office and virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom is required. AMS or CRM experience is preferred.
Currently, the MBA is working a hybrid schedule with employees required to be in the office at least two days per week. Initially, this position may require being in the office more often during the transitional period. Since in-person or virtual attendance is required at meetings (depending on the needs/preferences of the section councils), which are scheduled 5-7 pm during the work week, flexible work hours may be arranged with your supervisor. The MBA remote work policy is subject to change based on organizational needs and adherence to local health advisories.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.