The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, April 6. The event was sponsored by the Civil Rights & Social Justice Section Council, whose members answered calls along with other MBA volunteers. Twelve attorneys volunteered to answer questions on a night when Dial-A-Lawyer received 132 calls.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology in May 2020, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the April 6 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Carolina Almonte, Attorney at Law, Cambridge (Civil Rights & Social Justice Section Council member)
- Nicole J. Belbin, Attorney at Law, Springfield
- Kyle E. Cullen, Attorney at Law LLC, Boston
- Philip M. Howe, Philp M. Howe Attorney at Law, Boston
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- Josephine A. McNeil, Attorney at Law, West Newton (Civil Rights & Social Justice Section Council member)
- Andrea Mobila, Attorney at Law, Middleton
- Jessica E. Murphy, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee, Westborough
- Jon M. Probstein, Law Offices of Jon Michael Probstein, Levittown
- Cindy Salazar, Law Office of Cindy Salazar, Attleboro
- Jordan L. Shapiro, Shapiro & Hender, Malden
- Paul F. Zerola, Zerola & Associates PC, Weston
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.