This week, the Massachusetts Bar Association hosted its monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program, co-sponsored by the Probate Law Section Council in celebration of Law Day and the MBA's Elder Law Education Program. During the virtual program on May 5, 20 Probate Section Council members and other MBA volunteers answered 154 calls from Massachusetts residents with legal questions.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology last May, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the May 5 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Madison F. Bader, Attorney at Law, Foxboro
- Joshua Cali, Cali Law, Ashland
- Maureen E. Curran, Law Office of Maureen Curran LLC, Lynnfield (Probate Law Section Council)
- John G. Dugan, Doherty, Dugan, Cannon, Raymond & Weil PC, Franklin (Probate Law Section Council)
- Bruce W. Edmands, Edmands & Williams LLC, Waban
- Sheila B. Giglio, Conn Kavanaugh Rosenthal Peisch Ford LLP, Boston (Probate Law Section Council)
- Daniel S. Gindes, Law Offices of Daniel S. Gindes, Salem
- Emilie Grossman, Rosen & Goyal PC, Andover
- Philip M. Howe, Philip M. Howe Law Firm, Boston
- Jamie L. Kelaher, Law Office of Kimberly L. Kelly, Stoneham (Probate Law Section Council)
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- Carol C. Klyman, Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin PC, Springfield (Probate Law Section Council)
- Sam (Shlomo) Lambroza, Law Office of Sam Lambroza, Boston
- Shylah N. Maloney, Foster & Eldridge LLP, Woburn
- Jessica E. Murphy, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP, Westborough
- Gerard A. Palma, Palma Law Office, Lowell
- E. Pamela Salpoglou, Law Office of E. Pamela Salpoglou Inc., Stoughton
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Michael R. St. Louis, Law Offices of Michael R. St. Louis, Andover
- Joblin C. Younger, Law Office of Joblin C. Younger PC, Beverly (Probate Law Section Council)
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please complete this form. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.
For more information about Dial-A-Lawyer, email email@example.com.