The Massachusetts Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division is hosting its Third Annual Symposium as a virtual event on Friday, March 26, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This year's symposium will feature keynote speaker Stesha A. Emmanuel. Emmanuel is a litigation attorney at McCarter & English, specializing in product liability, pharmaceutical matters and general civil litigation. Among her representative matters, she led the pro bono McCarter Boston team, along with the ACLU, and successfully briefed, argued and persuaded the Supreme Judicial Court to invalidate a panhandling statute as unconstitutional. Emmanuel frequently argues dispositive motions in state and federal court, conducts and defends depositions, and advises clients. Emmanuel has been recognized for her expertise in the legal community, including as a recipient of the following awards:
- Boston Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, Massachusetts, 2021
- Massachusetts Rising Star, General Litigation and Employment & Labor Law, Super Lawyers, 2014-20
The symposium will also offer multiple programming tracks designed to ensure there is something for everyone, including:
- Coffee welcome and remarks from YLD Chair Jason Armiger
- Small group networking session (8:30-9 a.m.)
- Keynote speaker: Stesha A. Emmanuel, Esq., president, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association, McCarter & English, Boston
- Plenary session: I Passed the Bar During a Pandemic! Now What Do I Do?
- Four breakout sessions:
- Criminal Law and the Courtroom: Pleas, Motions and Trial Practice
- Writing to Win: Proper Civil Motion Practice and Procedure
- Dynamite Deals: Best Practices for Contract Drafting, Reviewing and Negotiation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution for Newly Minted Lawyers
This symposium is free for MBA members. Members of the South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston who are not MBA members can enjoy a special discounted rate of $25. To register, call MBA Member Services at (617) 338-0530.
This symposium will be hosted using Zoom. Registration is required by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 23, to participate in this program. After you register with the MBA, please look for an email from MassBar Education with the Webinar ID and Password. The email will be sent before the symposium on March 26.