The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, March 3. The event was sponsored by the Civil Litigation and Solo/Small Firm Law Practice Management section councils, whose members answered calls along with other MBA volunteers to help Massachusetts residents with legal questions. Sixteen attorney volunteers answered 119 calls remotely.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology last May, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the Feb. 3 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Christine D. Anthony, The Law Office of Christine D. Anthony LLC, Northborough
- Christopher A. Cornetta, Cornetta Babine LLC, Danvers
- Gregory J. Fleming, Hamel, Marcin, Dunn, Reardon & Shea PC, Hingham (Civil Litigation Section Council)
- Daniel S. Gindes, Law Office of Daniel Gindes, Salem
- Michelle E. Harris, Morgan & Murphy LLP, Brockton (Solo/Small Firm Law Practice Management Section Council)
- Philip M. Howe, Philip M. Howe Law Firm, Boston
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover (Civil Litigation Section Council)
- Sam Lambroza, Law Office of Sam Lambroza, Boston
- Melisa Lanouette, Resilience Law, Norwell
- Batool Raza, Boston Public Health Commission, Boston
- Soraya Sadeghi, Soraya Law PC, Boston
- Lorianne M. Sainsbury-Wong, Franciscan Children’s Compliance Department, Brighton (Civil Litigation Section Council)
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Jennifer Sirrine, 21st Century Law, Harvard (Solo/Small Firm Law Practice Management Section Council)
- Janelle A. Tanenbaum, Seder & Chandler, Worcester
- David J. Volkin, Law Offices of David J. Volkin, Mansfield (Solo/Small Firm Law Practice Management Section Council)
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please complete this form. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.
For more information about Dial-A-Lawyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.