The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, June 2. The event was sponsored by the Family Law Section Council, whose members answered calls along with other MBA volunteers to help Massachusetts residents with legal questions. Twenty attorney volunteers answered 121 calls remotely.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology last May, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the June 3 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Jason E. Armiger, Gesmer Updegrove LLP, Boston
- Madison F. Bader, Attorney at Law, Foxboro
- Rachel B. Biscardi, Northeast Legal Aid, Lowell (Family Law Section Council)
- Maureen E. Booth, Law Office of Anne E. Gillespie, Newton (Family Law Section Council)
- Dan S. Gindes, Law Offices of Daniel S. Gindes, Salem
- Tracy D. Galloway, Galloway Law & Consulting, Wrentham (Family Law Section Council)
- Philip M. Howe, Philip M. Howe Law Firm, Boston
- Hon. Robert W. Langlois (ret.), Saponaro Bingham LLP, Wellesley (Family Law Section Council)
- Melissa M. Lanouette, Resilience Law, Norwell
- Marc A. Moccia, Kazarosian & Costello LLP, Haverhill (Family Law Section Council)
- Jessica E. Murphy, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP, Westborough
- Emily E. Nicholson-Gross, Witmer, Karp, Warner & Ryan LLP, Boston (Family Law Section Council)
- Kathleen A. O’Malley, Raipher PC, Springfield (Family Law Section Council)
- Maureen L. Reilly, Reilly Law & Associates, Boston (Family Law Section Council)
- Soraya Sadeghi, Soraya Law, Boston
- Nan M. Sauer, Roberts & Sauer LLP, Burlington (Family Law Section Council)
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Office of Samuel A. Segal
- Austin W. Smith, Rosen & Goyal PC, Andover
- Janelle A. Tanenbaum, Seder & Chandler LLP, Worcester (Family Law Section Council)
- Julianna Zane, Todd & Weld, Boston (Family Law Section Council)
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please complete this form. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.
For more information about Dial-A-Lawyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.