The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, July 7. Fourteen MBA attorney volunteers answered 150 calls and helped Massachusetts residents with their legal questions.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology in May 2020, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the July 7 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Joshua Cali, Cali Law, Ashland
- Emily L. Crim, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP, Worcester
- Amie Joof Senghore, Zwicker & Associates PC, Andover
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- Sam Lambroza, Law Office of Sam Lambroza, Boston
- Jessica E. Murphy, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP, Westborough
- Jon Michael Probstein, Law Offices of Jon Michael Probstein, Levittown, NY
- Joanne E. Romanow, Casner & Edwards LLP, Boston
- Jonathan S. Sales, Law Office of JS Sales, Newton Center
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Marianne Shelvey Stec, U.S. Department of Justice — Criminal Division, Washington, D.C.
- Emaad A. Syed, Northampton
- Christopher J. Yagoobian, Peabody & Arnold LLP, Boston
- Joblin C. Younger, Law Office of Joblin C. Younger PC, Beverly
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please complete this form. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.
For more information about Dial-A-Lawyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.