Despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Health Law Section has rescheduled its 2020 Health Law Conference for Friday, Dec. 4. The conference was originally scheduled to take place in April 2020 and will now be available in a virtual setting to protect the program presenters and attendees.
This year’s faculty includes speakers from the U.S. Department of Justice, the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, the Board of Registration in Medicine and the Board of Bar Overseers, as well as private sector attorneys who deal with compliance issues.
Click here for a full list of conference faculty. This conference will be hosted using Zoom. Registration is required by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1, to participate in this program. After you register with the MBA, please look for an email from MassBar Education with the Webinar ID and Password. The email will be sent before the program on Dec. 4.
- 8:55-9 a.m.: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 9-9:45 a.m.: Introduction to Health Care Compliance
- 9:45-10:30 a.m.: Privacy and Security Issues in Health Care
- 10:30-10:45 a.m.: Break
- 10:45-11:45 a.m.: State Oversight of Health Care in Massachusetts
- 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Health Care Oversight by the U.S. Department of Justice
- 12:15-1 p.m.: Break
- 1-1:45 p.m.: Compliance Issues in Health Care Research
- 1:45-2 p.m.: Break
- 2-2:45 p.m.: Special Issues in Health Care Workplace Investigations
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.: Ethical Concerns in Conducting Internal Corporate Investigations
- 3:45-4 p.m.: Closing Remarks/Adjournment
*Non-lawyer compliance specialists can enjoy a special discounted conference rate of $50. Please contact MBA Member Services at (617) 338-0530, or enter the promo code provided on the conference flyer. This education program has been submitted to the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® and is currently pending their review for approval of CCB CEUs.
- MBA law students: FREE
- MBA members: $25
- Non-lawyer compliance specialists: $50*
- Non-members: $250