The Massachusetts Bar Association Insurance Agency’s experienced, customer-focused team is prepared to help you develop customized policies to address your professional and personal coverage needs. As an MBA member, you can benefit from insurance designed by lawyers for lawyers, and receive exclusive discounts on a variety of plan options. The MBA Insurance team will provide you with high-quality, competitively-priced products for Massachusetts practitioners, so you can more appropriately focus your energy on the practice of law.
MBA member benefits plans include:
- Lawyers Professional Liability: Not only does this provide comprehensive coverage at a competitive price for you as a practitioner, coverage extends to your role as a board member of a non-profit organization. You also receive free, lifetime insurance protection when you permanently and totally retire from the private practice of law, among other important coverage options available to MBA members.
- Group Term Life Insurance: Low cost, simple underwriting and quality coverage are the hallmarks of this benefit.
- Individual Disability: Through Guardian and MassMutual, an "own occupation" definition of disability is available. The contract is guaranteed renewable to age 65 and is fully portable.
- Long-Term Care: In addition to coverage for MBA members, it is available to their families on a simplified basis. Also, an unlimited benefits period is a coverage option.
- Group Personal Excess Liability Insurance: The MBA partners with HUB Insurance and CHUBB, a market leader in personal umbrella insurance, to bring significant savings over traditional umbrella policies. Simple underwriting and low costs provide significant umbrella insurance for members and their families.
- Health Insurance: Offering a range of coverage options from Tufts, Harvard Pilgrim and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Dental Insurance: Plans are available at competitive prices down to one attorney.
- Personal Auto: The MBA partners with HUB Insurance to provide this important benefit for all members and their families.
Call (617) 338-0581 or (413) 788-7878 or visit the MBA Insurance website for more information.