Worcester CitySquare was a dynamic and successful $565 million development project in the heart of Worcester. The project effectively replaced the former Galleria mall with several mixed-use buildings, including offices, medical facilities, restaurants, 365 housing units, 168 hotel rooms and 550 parking spaces, and established a new roadway network re-creating the east-west connection through downtown Worcester.
The Massachusetts Bar Association is pleased to present an expert panel of legal counsel and other professionals who were involved with CitySquare from initial planning through current development and construction efforts. Join us on Wednesday, June 12, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the AC Hotel by Marriott Worcester, 125 Front St., Worcester.
The panel will examine several critical legal and logistical issues that arose during development, design and construction, including:
- District improvement financing and public-private partnership
- Land-taking through eminent domain
- Local and state permitting and zoning, including special legislation
- Design and construction contracting issues
- Mechanic’s liens and title matters
- Performance logistics
- Developing downtown Worcester, including the “Woo Sox” stadium project
Click here to register.
This program is FREE for MBA members. Thanks to the generosity of Mirick O'Connell, a cocktail and networking reception will immediately follow the presentation.