The Massachusetts Bar Association has committed to promoting active citizenship and advancing the quality of civic education throughout the 2018-19 year. As part of this ongoing initiative, the MBA has begun a partnership with iCivics, a digital learning platform used in all 50 states, to help implement a new law that requires Massachusetts secondary schools to offer enhanced civics instruction by 2020.
Join the MBA in raising funds for iCivics, which will be used towards its mission of helping young people learn how government works by experiencing it. Sign up a team for the MBA's Civics Bee on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Boston TV personality Scott Wahle will emcee the event, which starts at 5:30 p.m., at the MBA in Boston. Your team (four players) will be asked to demonstrate its civic knowledge by answering questions related to local, state and federal government.
Click here to register a team. Completed forms can be faxed to (617) 542-3057, or emailed to email@example.com.
Play and win the following prizes:
- Four Red Sox suite tickets (including food and beverages)
- Dinner for four at Eastern Standard ($250 value)
- Eight Okemo day ski passes (donated by iHeart Media)
- Case of wine (donated by Great Oregon Wine Co.)
SILENT AUCTION AND ADDITIONAL PRIZES
- Boston Bruins, Authentic Team Signed Jersey (with documentation)
- Artisan Bistro gift certificate ($100 value)
- Tomasso Trattoria gift certificate ($100 value)
- Legal Crossing Restaurant gift certificate ($50 value)
- And more
Thank you to our event sponsors: