Join us on Friday, May 4, for the 39th Annual Labor & Employment Law Spring Conference at Suffolk University Law School.
This year's keynote speaker will be Evelyn F. Murphy, president of The WAGE Project Inc. Murphy is a former lieutenant governor and author of "Getting Even: Why Women Don't Get Paid Like Men -- And What to do About It."
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Registration
- 9:30-9:45 a.m.: Welcoming Remarks
- Margaret H. Paget, Esq., Kurker Paget LLC, Waltham
- Christopher P. Sullivan, Esq., president, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Jaimeson E. Porter, Esq., Schwartz Hannum PC
- 9:45-10:30 a.m.: Keynote Address
- Evelyn F. Murphy, The WAGE Project Inc.
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Massachusetts Equal Pay Act: New Developments, Issues and the Attorney General's Guidance
- Moderator: Dahlia C. Rudavsky, Esq., Messing Rudavsky & Welicky PC
- Genevieve Nadeau, Esq., deputy division chief of the Civil Rights Division, Attorney General's Office
- Hillary J. Massey, Esq., Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- 11:30-11:45 a.m.: Networking Break
- 11:45-12:45 p.m.: Making Your Case in the Court of Public Opinion
- Christine Hughes, vice president and general counsel, Emerson College
- Ashley McCown, president, Solomon McCown & Co.
- T.J. Winick, vice president, Solomon McCown & Co.
- 1:15-2 p.m.: Labor Law Update
- Kirsten B. White, Esq., Schwartz Hannum PC
- James A.W. Shaw, Esq., Segal Roitman LLP
- 2-2:55 p.m.: Employment Law Update
- Moderator: John F. Tocci, Esq., Tocci & Lee LLC
- Catherine E. Reuben, Esq., Hirsch Roberts Weinstein LLP
- Melissa Pomfred, Esq., Pomfred Law Offices PLLC
- 2:55-3 p.m.: Closing Remarks
- Craig D. Levey, Esq., Bennett & Belfort PC
This annual event is presented by the MBA's Labor & Employment Law Section.
Click here to register, and for more conference details and faculty information.