The Massachusetts Bar Association believes that exceptional leaders are essential to the improvement of our profession. However, there are few opportunities to train young attorneys on how to best lead firms and organizations.
Continuing its commitment to cultivating leaders who work diligently toward the improvement of our profession and our society, the MBA has developed a Leadership Academy to better prepare young attorneys to assume leadership roles at the bar, in their firms or organizations, and in government.
The next class of the MBA's Leadership Academy -- a 12-month program, which will run concurrently with the MBA membership year -- starts in September 2018. The Leadership Academy curriculum will include educational programming, class projects and mentoring. Applications are due Friday, July 13.
To be considered for inclusion in the MBA's Leadership Academy, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Active MBA member in good standing
- Three-10 years of legal experience as a member of the bar*
- Written nomination by an MBA member other than the applicant
- Submission of two letters of recommendation supporting the candidate's professional and personal qualifications, MBA experience and commitment, and potential for future leadership at the bar
- Completion of the application
- Submission of a resume
Individuals chosen for the MBA Leadership Academy must commit to active participation in all MBA Leadership Academy activities, including quarterly programs.
Click here to learn more about the Leadership Academy. Questions? Email email@example.com.
* The MBA will also include the annual Oliver Wendell Holmes Scholarship winner in each respective Leadership Academy class.