The Massachusetts Bar Association is presenting its 15th Annual
In-House Counsel Conference. This year the theme of this popular
program is Leadership and Innovation in Changing Times. The
conference will be held on Thursday, Nov. 16, from 9 a.m. to
1 p.m., at the Sheraton Framingham.
We are pleased that the keynote address will be delivered by
Brackett B. Denniston, senior counsel, Goodwin Procter, and former
general counsel to General Electric Company.
Conference highlights include:
- The expanding role of general counsel in strategy development and governance
- The intensifying risk of cyber attack by elusive global hackers
- The case against (and for) mandatory arbitration
- Emerging employment risk issues, including the medical marijuana and recreational marijuana acts, drug testing in the workplace and demands for religious accommodation.
- Welcoming Remarks
- Keynote Address: Lessons from Experience: Counseling from the Inside in Private and Public Organizations
- Panel discussion: Litigation v ADR
- Cybersecurity Address: Cybersecurity/Industry and Practitioners in Crisis
- Networking Break
- Panel discussion: Employment Law Developments
- Lightning Round Topic: July 21, 2017 Decision in Baker v. Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP: Fiduciary Duties by Company Counsel
Click here to