Hundreds of students from across the state participated in the Mock Trial Program's regional competition at Clark University in Worcester on March 6.
Eight high schools have advanced to the quarterfinals of the
31st annual statewide High School Mock Trial Program presented by
the Massachusetts Bar Association. The quarterfinalists ("Elite 8")
- Region 4: Bishop Feehan High School
- Region 6: Marshfield High School
- Region 7: Newton North High School
- Region 9: Canton High School
- Region 13: The Winsor School
- Region 14: Maimonides School
- Region 15: Boston Latin School
- Region 28: Holy Name Central Catholic High
The eight quarterfinalists advanced from a field of 32 teams at
a statewide regional competition held at Clark University in
Worcester on March 6. Held in a one day, one site format for the
first time this year, the regionals were sponsored locally by area
firms Mirick O'Connell, Fletcher Tilton PC Attorneys at Law, the
Law Office of Matthew Barach and the Law Office of John R.
The remaining eight teams will meet for "Elite 8" and "Final
Four" rounds on March 14 at the Worcester County Courthouse. Two
finalists will advance to the state championship on March 29 at
Faneuil Hall in Boston. The winning team will secure the state
championship and advance to the national competition in Boise,
Idaho, May 12-14.