MBA's Practicing with Professionalism Resource Center
Congratulations, counselor! You are now a member of a noble and exclusive group of professionals who are privileged to call themselves Massachusetts attorneys. This privilege comes with the responsibility of upholding your oath to "conduct [yourself] in the office of an attorney within the courts according to the best of [your] knowledge and discretion, and with all good fidelity."
Your first step in complying with your solemn oath is to attend and complete a half-day Practicing with Professionalism Course within 18 months of being admitted to the bar. As the only Supreme Judicial Court-approved provider to offer this course statewide, the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA) is committed to helping you enter the profession on the right track by offering an affordable and convenient means of satisfying this requirement.
The $50 course registration fee includes:
- All Meals. Breakfast.
- Stress Free. All necessary record keeping and attendance reports to the Board of Bar Overseers will be handled by the Massachusetts Bar Association.
With your MBA membership (FREE for individuals admitted to the bar in 2018), you will become a part of a diverse network of more than 11,000 judges and attorneys across the commonwealth who are committed to professional excellence and respect for the law. In addition, your MBA membership gives you access to up-to-date information, practical tools to help your professional development and valuable resources to help your practice thrive.
The MBA will offer the course across the commonwealth in 2019 on the following dates:
- Thursday, Feb. 7: Hilton Garden Inn, Marlborough
- Thursday, March 7: Holiday Inn, Taunton
- Thursday, May 30: Beechwood Hotel, Worcester
- Thursday, July 18: Social Law Library, Boston
- Thursday, Sept. 19: UTEC, Lowell
- Thursday, Oct. 17: MBA Western Mass. Office, Springfield
The MBA thanks its affiliated county bars for their collaboration with the Practicing with Professionalism Course.