Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012
Top: One Tiered Community Mentoring Program Career Day breakout session includes (from left to right seated at table): Rachael Rollins, general counsel, MassDOT; the Hon. Diana Maldonado, first justice, Chelsea District Court and Jerry Slater, assistant dean, Office of Professional and Career Development, Suffolk University Law School.
Bottom: Presenters for this Career Day breakout session include (from left to right seated at table): U.S. Marshal John Gibbons, U.S. Marshal Service; David S. Bell, special agent, FBI Public Corruption / Civil Rights Unit and Joseph Iannaccone, special agent, Department of Homeland Security.
MBA's Tiered Community Mentoring Program offers a Career Networking and Law Day event
On Thursday, Nov. 8, the MBA's Tiered Community Mentoring
Program offered a Career Networking and Law Day event for all
mentors and mentees at New Mission High School in Hyde Park.
This innovative mentoring program, in its fourth year, matches
selected students interested in law-related careers with an
attorney mentor. Over the course of the year, students from New
Mission High School, Roxbury Community College and Suffolk
University Law School have had the opportunity to meet accomplished
professionals as well as attend court proceedings and bar
association events to learn networking skills.
This year's event included 11 representatives in the field of
law with various criminal justice and legal backgrounds. The
professionals were broken into four separate groups. Every 15
minutes, the attendees were asked to move to a different group of
professionals. This gave the mentees and mentors the opportunity to
speak with each of the presenters.
The MBA was honored to have so many professionals attend and
present at this program. Presenters included:
- Roseanne Barrows, lieutenant, Suffolk County Sheriff's
- David S. Bell, special agent, FBI Public Corruption / Civil
- Jeremiah Benton, detective, Boston Police Department Homicide
- Milton Britton, Jr., acting chief of probation, Norfolk County
- Eddy Chrispin, academy instructor, Boston Police
- Claudine Demesmin, probation officer, Norfolk County Probate
and Family Court
- John Gibbons, U.S. Marshal, U.S. Marshal Service
- Joseph Iannaccone, special agent, Department of Homeland
- The Hon. Diana Maldonaldo, first justice, Chelsea District
- Rachael Rollins, general counsel, MassDOT
- Jerry Slater, assistant dean, Office of Professional and Career
Development, Suffolk University Law School