Video window does not display properly on
When attempting to view a Mediasite presentation on a Windows
Vista machine, the video window is missing and in its place is the
broken image (red x) graphic.
To work around this, do the following in Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Tools? Internet Options
2. Click on the Security Tab
3. At the bottom, uncheck the box labeled Enable
4. Restart Internet Explorer
Troubleshooting Windows playback: Media Player
If you are unable to view Mediasite presentations, try adjusting
the settings below.
Close your web browser and launch Windows Media Player (this is
usually available under the ALL Programs option on the Windows
Start menu). In Windows Media Player, go to Tools ? Options; in
newer versions of Windows Media Player you may have to right click
next to the Now Playing button in order to access the Tools
1. On the Player tab, check the Connect to the
2. On the Network tab, check the RTSP/UDP,
RTSP/TCP, and HTTP boxes, and configure the streaming proxy
settings if applicable
3. On the Performance tab, select Choose
connection speed and the appropriate connection speed
When I try to play video files streamed from the
Internet, why do I only hear the audio?
When you receive streamed content, communication occurs
between the Player and a Windows Media server regarding the
connection speed of your computer. If the Player communicates an
incorrect connection speed to the server, the server may try to
thin the stream, which means that the stream quality decreases and
the Player may lose video altogether.
You can prevent this from happening accidentally by manually
specifying the connection speed. In Windows Media Player 7 or
later, you can specify your connection speed, by doing the
1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then
click the Performance tab
2. In the Connection Speed area, click Choose
connection speed, and then select the appropriate connection
Troubleshooting Windows Playback: Internet Explorer settings
If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser, go to
Tools ? Internet Options to adjust the settings below.
1. On the Connections tab, if the Dial-up and
Virtual Private Network settings box is empty, click Add.
2. In the New Connection Wizard, choose Connect
to the network via broadband, enter a name for the connection and
3. Back on the Connections tab, highlight the
new connection you made and choose Never dial a connection, then